Wednesday, October 27, 2010

From Grandma Slatter

From Kiya:  (As told to her Grandmother S)
Mom gave me a bath today!  She swabbed me with cotton balls.  She says I'm so tiny that she worries about breaking me!!!--but it was the best bath ever.  My Mom is so gentle and soft. I calmed right down and listened to Mom tell me all about how pretty I am!

Dad has never left my side.  Boy is he tall--I already know that my Dad can beat up your Dad!  I know I am going to feel so safe when I'm being held in his strong arms.  I can tell my Dad will take good care of me forever.  I love you Dad.

Mom and Dad, I love you so much. Already I have felt an overwhelming amount of love from both of you. I love that you sing to me and I love the gentle, caressing  feel of your touch. I am so glad that you are my Mom and Dad.  I know that one of you is with me at all times.  I feel such comfort having you so close.  I feel blessed to have you for my parents. Thank you Mom and Dad. I feel your prayers and your deep love for me. I'm sorry that you are having to worry about me.
I also want to thank all of my family and wonderful friends that have fasted and said prayers on my behalf. I feel the strength and healing power from each of you. I'm excited to meet all of you soon. I already feel a connection with you. Your love and prayers are helping to get better and stronger each day.

Thank you again, and all my love to my parents,
Kiya

2 comments:

  1. This is so precious. I just bawled. How special to record these little memories. I hope her heart and lungs continue to get stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what Grandma's can "hear". Thanks for sharing this with us all Marilyn. Kiya has a long line of strong women behind her. I can't help but think her Great-grandma Slatter is praying and fighting for her just as much as we are - just a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete