Wednesday, August 29, 2012

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday Matt and took our familiar journey to Primary Childrens hospital to meet with Kiya Cranialfacial doctor and discuss the surgery.  As we were checking in Kiyas neurosurgeon walked by and we asked him if he could join the discussion.  I had previously attempted to set up a care conference between the two doctors without success.  We were able to meet with both doctors and they concluded that Kiya will not need to have the distraction surgery right now.  Of coarse we will watch her and report any regression or behavioral changes, but no surgery for now!  Matt and I are so excited!  I cannot remember the last time I felt any sense of relief and this much excitement.  I am so grateful to have one less operation and to be able to focus on being a family and progressing.  I am also so grateful for the promptings I felt to postpone the surgery.  So glad to not have to make these big decisions alone.  The surgery would have been performed it without question if we had not been apprehensive.  Once again Kiya defies the odds and amazes us all.

I feel like I just won the lottery!




2 comments:

  1. Great news, Kristen and Matt! We love you guys.

    Tanya and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! Truly a reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete