Friday, August 10, 2012

We spent the day yesterday at Primary Childrens hospital having Kiya's shunt checked for malfunction.  She had to have yet another CT scan which made her so mad she threw up on the table during the scan.  Luckily everything looks great and her shunt is okay.  She has had some difficult behavior for about the last month so we wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger issue.  Basically I think she has a huge case of Princessitis (perhaps some neurological issues as well).  I will be taking her to the pediatrician to see if we can help her.  Kiya does not want to be set down and if I do she will make herself vomit to get picked up.  Needless to say this has led to an explosion of chaos in my life and home. Her therapists say it is a severe case and they will be sending in the big guns with a behavioral therapist.  Yay! another therapy visit.  I was starting to get so bored with the six a month that we already have.  Any who I hate that she inst moving because she is as smart as a whip and wants to be doing what her brothers are doing.  I am going to research some mobility devices that we haven't tried to see if there is something that could provide more freedom.
As for surgery I am still waiting to get into see the doctor to try and translate his opinion.
Here is my most photo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen! I'm sorry that things are so difficult. Kiya is such a little doll! I can't imagine how hard it must be to watch her and wish she could do all of the things she wants to do. You are such a wonderful Mom and so positive that I know you will do everything possible to help her get there.

    ReplyDelete