Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update

Sorry the updates have been few and far between. Things are going well. We keep sending our positive energy to Kiya so she can come home. We have stopped tapping for three days now and she is doing well. Neurosurgery keeps coming by to check her fontanel and they are happy with it. Eating is an issue as she is mostly still fed via the feeding tube. She is, however, almost 7lbs! She has her mommies double chin. What a cutie! Occupational therapy works with her daily on feeding and we will do a swallow study soon to make sure everything is moving correctly.
I am really wanting her home. Not so sure about January, but we will tell her she can do it. Many a baby has gone home since we have been at Primary Children's. I am starting to covet my neighbors baby going home. In truth I wish there weren't any kids at that hospital. Kids shouldn't have to get sick!
Lex wishes his sister was home daily. He thinks that the "ridiculous" nurses are keeping her there. That is what he says. I have tried to explain otherwise. I keep adding more and more Scriptures that are comforting to me on her bedroom door. That way when I get sad that she isn't in her room I can read them and remember God has a purpose in all this. We have seen many miracles and I have a feeling we are yet to see more. Kiyas very existence is a miracle. So many doctors have later admitted that they didn't believe she would make it. You go Kiya! She is showing all of them that with God anything is possible. I have so many things that I look forward to doing with Kiya. Mostly just us being together as a family and not having to leave her everyday. She is awake more now and it is getting harder to put her in the hospital crib when she stares at me as I am leaving. I am going to make up for so much lost time. Right now I am decided on what sling to get so that she can be permanently affixed to my body when she comes home. I am not kidding! She is not leaving my side. Thanks again for all of your much needed prayers and support. They are working!

2 comments:

  1. This is precious Kristen. I am glad you are finding comfort in the scriptures. You are so amazing. Kiya is so lucky to have you as a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Kristen! Sounds like it won't be long before this little beauty is at home with you all.

    ReplyDelete