Monday, January 31, 2011

From Kiya

I finally got my grandma to quit crying long enough to update my blog-(I’m still learning how to eat—give me a month to learn to navigate a keyboard!)
I want my dearest parents to know how much I love them. My devoted parents made sure that I never spent a day in the hospital by myself. For three months and four days, they went without sleep, traveled 100 miles roundtrip to PCMC, juggled their schedules and lives, advocated for my healthcare and worried about me. My parents said so many prayers and cried so many tears on my behalf. They sacrificed so that each day I could feel the comfort and peace that came from their love. I’ve always known that I was going home to a very special family. I know that my parents will be my support and comfort for life. I’m very lucky to be blessed with them.
Thank you to my brothers. Lex and Mason. Every time they said their prayers, they blessed me to get better. Lex blessed me to get good blood and learn to eat. He blessed me to come home.
I have an incredible support group of family and friends. Extended family and friends from all over the United States, prayed and fasted on my behalf. They brought in meals, tended my brothers, and offered kind words of encouragement. I’m here today because of the outpouring of love that so many people have already shown me. I know as I face the challenges of life, that family, neighbors and friends will be there for me and help me on my way.
The amount of gratitude I feel for all of you is inexpressible. Your many kindnesses, your prayers, your positive energy, your encouragement was felt by me. You were a mighty force of strength, love and healing. I will always be grateful to you.
I started life out rough, but I also started it with very great people that I will cherish and love forever.
Thank you Heavenly Father for all the angels that attended me on both sides of the veil.
Thank you.
Thank you Mom and Dad. I love you.
Love,
Your Angel Baby
Kiya

No comments:

Post a Comment