Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Coming Home!

Great news! Our long 14 week journey is about to end. The doctors told us that Kiya can come home on Thursday!!! I am rooming in at the hospital tonight to learn how to feed her through a pump. She is still not bottle feeding, but I assured the doctors that we could work on that at home. She will be sent home on NG feedings and we will hope and pray for progression on her oral feeds. We are so excited! We are a little nervous also as she is going to require some extra love. We want to do it right. I think Matt and I are a little upset that they wouldn't let us borrow one of the NICU's expensive monitors so that we can keep track of her heart rate and sat's. I guess we will get used to watching her instead of a screen to tell us how she is doing. I cant wait to wake up on Friday morning with her next to me in her bed. I wont have to make an hour drive to the hospital and hope that she has a good nurse that day. I wont have to leave her at night. I will be her nurse and treat her like the princess that she is. Her surgery site is healing well and the shunt is draining at the rate that the neurosurgery team was striving for. I will be able to bathe her on Sunday after a long stretch without a tubby. I love my little baby, but she is getting a smelly neck. I cant believe this day is finally arriving. I have dreamed of it for so long. I cannot wait to have my family together in one place. I can't wait to see Lex hold Kiya for the first time and rock her like he has wanted to for so long. I finally get to open the door to her room without sadness. I am so thankful to God for her life and progression. Thank you to all of our wonderful family and friends who have prayed and fasted for our Kiya to come home. Special thanks to my mom and dad who have spent countless hours tending, running errands, cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, driving, giving blessings and drying my tears. I could never have made this journey without you. I am so blessed to have been born to goodly parents. We would also like to thank Matt's parents for all of their love and support. Unfortunately Kiya cannot have visitors for three months as per the hospitals recommendation. We cannot wait to introduce everyone to our sweet Kiya and finally get the opportunity to show her off. Once again, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Kiya to come home. She is indeed a princess! Love ya, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news!!!
    When Kiya is ready to have visitors we will have to throw a big party. Can't wait to meet her. I am so happy for your family. What an exciting time for your boys who have waited so patiently.
    Kris, you and Matt are goodly parents.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bodisker: I wish for you the same joys with your daughter that I have known with my own. I wish for you good sons, like I have with my son. I wish for you a healthy life so that you may see your beautiful children grow, and know a joy that is immeasurable. I wish for you the love that comes from being a woman, a wife and a mother. I wish for you a strong testimony of Heavenly Father, so that you may always know the miracles that he has/and will bless you with. I wish for you that you may always have your tender heart and unending capacity to care for others. You are a wish come true for me.
    Love Mom E.

    ReplyDelete