Saturday, January 29, 2011

To Kiya

Little angel you are home. This morning I looked over and there you were and oh how you belong. I promised you Wednesday night that I would be there when you woke up in the morning. It was great to keep my promise. You have worked so hard and you have done so much. You must have known how much we wanted you. I cant wait to show you how much we love you. You don't seem to care that the medical world doesn't think you should be here. I love how you constantly prove everyone wrong. I cannot wait to learn from you and to see how will change this world. I know you will be our teacher. We have said so many prayers for you and our prayers have been answered. When we arrived home on Thursday Grandma Squishy had decorated the house with balloons and a sign that said "It's A Girl!" It was great! It is so great to finally celebrate your birth. Lex and Mason were so excited to meet you. Lex held you and sang you a song. Mason agreed to have his birthday a little early so we could celebrate your arrival. Your daddy and I love you so much. Dad is like a pile of melted butter when you are arround. To feel happy again is so great. We have really missed that. There was a time when we weren't sure if we would be able to bring you home. Now we have you in our lives and our gratitude is immeasurable. I rocked you in your pink chair last night. I sang to you and my eyes filled with tears. O Lord my God how great thou art! Now the door to your bedroom stays open. Thank you for fighting to be with us. We love you more than life itself.

Love
Your Family

1 comment:

  1. Kristen:

    All of the blog entries have touched me in so many ways, but this one...it really tugged at my heart! I can't imagine what you and your family have gone through since October....to be so strong and determined is amazing. Kiya is so lucky to have you and to be a part of such a fantastic family!

    Love the Duggins!

    ReplyDelete