Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still Swinging

It's been a while so I am posting a lot of pictures. This is a picture of Kiya her first time in her swing. The PT at the Neonatal FUP told us we have to try and do everything with her that you would do with a "typically" progressing one year old providing modification where needed. So I went home took a good look at the swing and said "okay Kiya we can do this." Of coarse Kiya already new that. It's her mama that feels scared. Kiya has been so patient with me. Letting me progress as her mother. Seeing her in the swing was a great feeling. She gave me a beautiful smile and it felt like we were both flying. It's the simple moments that make the world disappear and it's just the two of us. They are moments that I couldn't fully appreciate with my boys. With Kiya time has slowed down and I get to absorb her greatness everyday. Last week Matt and I went to the park to play with the kids. I held Kiya and watched Matt and the boys as they explored another planet in their imaginations. I was filled with so much gratitude. Maybe its because the air is getting colder and I am reminded of how cold the winter was for us last year. Kiya wasn't with us and we were not whole. Now I can hold her whenever I want to . I don't have to try and adjust monitors, pick lines, oxygen, IV's and NG tubes just to hold her. No nurses give me a limit on how long I can love her. Now I can rock her and sing to her at the same time without worrying about over-stimulating her. No more needles in her head and alarms of warning. Now she breaths the air from the sky and is cared for by the ones who love her the most. I know her by looking in her eyes. She heals me.
In the midst of winter, I found there was within me and invincible summer~ Albert Careb





































































1 comment:

  1. You have an uncanny ability to make me cry. This post is so precious and such a great reminder to stay in the present, especially with our sweet little kids. These pics are so beautiful. You not only captured Kiya's personality, but you captured her spirit.

    ReplyDelete