Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Mason












Mason started his first day of Preschool this morning. He begged me not to take him so it may end up being a temporary thing. He definitely has some emotional issues/separation anxiety from the three months we were in an out of his life during Kiya's hospital stay. I feel terrible that it impacted him so dramatically. Mason is one who loves being at home and loves a schedule. I have dedicated this post to my little boy who makes us laugh every day. It is crazy to see these pictures and realize all the time that has past and I feel a twinge of regret that I didn't embrace every moment of my healthy pregnancy with him. That I didn't cherish the opportunity to breast feed him and bottle feed him. That he ate with his mouth all together. He walked right on target, talked right on target, developed right on target. I didn't appreciate the miracle enough. He has had to be tough, independent, and self sufficient since the birth of his sister.Before Kiya was born he ate dinner on Daddy's lap every night. He had to grow up so quick and today I am feeling a bit of sadness for all that's past.









Why We Love Mason







1. Mason keeps us laughing! His constant shenanigans and popeye persona are a familiar humor in our home.





2. He has made me into the worlds best treasure hunter. Everyday he hides something like my phone, or my keys and I get to search for my treasure with no clues until I find it,


3. Mason keeps me in the moment. It is hard to get too worried about the future with Mason growling at me and demanding that I build his train track so that Cranky The Crane can yell at everyone.


4. He can tangle anything from dental floss to cell phone cords. Everyday is a new surprise. Sometimes I go to sit down and one chair has been connected to the next with dental floss. I spent an hour untangling the wheel of his scooter yesterday so he could ride it. His most ingenious tangle was attaching himself to daddy with string so that daddy couldn't go to work.


5. Mason is a good cuddler- he still wants mama to hold him


6. He is very excited and energetic. If Mason is in the room, everyone will know it.


7. He keeps me on my toes by unfolding all of my laundry, redistributing my dirt piles while I am getting the dust pan, pulling out my flowers, and jumping on my back while I am mopping the floor


8. Even though it has been hard on him to have a new sister that gets a lot of attention from everyone he loves her deep down. He cries when she chokes or hurts and always wants to make sure that she is okay. He gives her belly blows and baby toys. When Kiya gets an ouchie, Mason wants to hold sister and he tells her "its okay choo choo."
WE LOVE U MASON!

































































































































2 comments:

  1. I got a little teary as I read your post. My little Kindergartner started this week, and although he's a smartie, I can already sense that he may be a little troublesome. I kinda want to give the teacher the whole back-story: He was 2 when we had our preemie (and how do you explain all that comes with that?!), and since then we've seen issues with baby talk, not knowing how to get attention in the right way, etc. Great job recognizing Mason's unique abilities (and needs)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet little tribute to your darling Mason. He is such a little character! I had no idea what he was capable of! You will be so glad you recorded these precious memories of him. I hope preschool goes well for him. PS--I love the pic with his underwear over his pants. Classic.

    ReplyDelete