Saturday, April 16, 2011

Home Sweet Home








I am so glad to be home after another stay at the hospital. Kiya was discharged from Primary Children's on Friday in the afternoon. She was an absolute champ! As usual she was so sweet and gracious. The first day was kind of rough so I kept on the nurses about pain medication. It was hard for us to see her g-tube. It is strange to have something that has been surgically implanted in her tummy. Hopefully it wont be long before we are feeding orally. Now that she has the g-tube her feeding therapist really wants to move forward with her oral feeds. So far the g-tube is working really good. No infections and her vomiting seems to be less. We made it almost two days with no vomiting. That hasn't happened since she was born so it is kind of a big deal. The g-tube isn't that different for us than the NG. I certainly hope it never comes out, but once all of the soreness is gone I think it will be much better than having something in her throat when she is trying to swallow. Once again I am so glad to be home. The infant unit in the hospital is right across from the NICU. Brings back some painful memories that I haven't quite had time to bury yet. We shared a room with another family while we were at the hospital. They seemed to think that it was actually a venue for hosting a family reunion. So glad to be home! Sorry for the picture overload, but she looks so pretty with no tube on her face!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you guys are home! Kiya looks beautiful, and I'm so glad she did well. You and Matt are truly great parents.

    Love,

    The Shaughnessy's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys so much. Keeping you and Kiya in our prayers. -
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the her surgery went well!! She is growing beautifully and I love her smile! You are amazing parents and it shows! You are doing great and Kiya is progressing...she is such a little fighter. Lots of hugs and prayers from the Valle family!!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys are home too! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris...I apologize for being off the blog for soooo long...this knee has been giving me fits and grandpa hasn't been feeling all that great either. Kiya is sooo beautiful!!!! We are so anxious to meet her. Is that a little bit of reddish hair I see, and my oh my the curls!!!!
    We are so happy the surgery went so well and you are all home together again! Our prayers have never stopped for this little angel!!

    Love You ALL so very much,
    Grandpa Jerry and Grandma Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never apologize for posting pics of that precious girl. She is such a sweetheart. It must be so nice to not have to have the tube on her cheek. I am so glad that things are going well. How miserable to be sharing a room with a BIG noisy family. UGH! I'm so glad you made it in and out of PCMC again. I hope everything goes well with the feeding therapist. You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete