Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Believe In Magic



















A couple of weeks ago I took Kiya to a chiropractor out of desperation. Her vomiting has been a problem since birth and I have been racking my brain for answers. I took her to a chiro in Bountiful that grandma squishy has had success with. Don't worry I wasn't having her bones adjusted or getting needles in her back. I explained Kiya's medical history to the doctor and he looked a little overwhelmed. Apparently most of his infant cases involve colic. At this point I was feeling a little colicky myself. For the exam the chiropractor had me hold Kiya while he tested her energy through my arm (i know it sounds super wonky). After he identified her weaknesses through me he got busy tapping away on her head and body. When I left the appointment I was not planning on ever seeing this guy again and wondered what I just paid for. Here is the unbelievable thing, Kiya has not thrown up since she went to this chiropractor. It has officially been 11 days. She has never gone that long without vomiting before. She also opens her mouth now for food instead of me trying to prod her to do it. This happened immediately after the appointment. Her swallowing has improved and I am able to get a little more volume in. The doctor said he worked on the nerve system that controls swallowing, bowel and balanced her energy. I think he is a magician. Matt and I could not be happier! This is such a huge blessing! I have since taken Kiya back to Dr. Olsen for laser acupuncture. I feel like I was guided to take a leap of faith and try such an unconventional approach to her vomiting issues. What an answer to prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment