Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Growing Up

































Today was Lex's first day of school. I am having a hard time with the all day concept. I can't believe that he is already this old! I am looking forward to picking him up.


Last week Matt, Lex, and Mason went to San Diego for a boys trip. I think that Lex had fun, but Mason had a hard time being away from home. Matt gained a new appreciation for me and has decided that he doesn't want to switch places with me anytime soon. Me and Grandma Squishy took Kiya to St.George for a non-stop shopping adventure. We spent the trip eating out, shopping and relaxing. I have decided that I would make a very good rich wife. It was so fun to go to the stores without the sighs of my disgruntled husband. I felt a tear forming in my eye as we left the condo and my fantasy life. It was nice to have a break anyway.

Things are going good. Kiya rolled to her tummy for the first time ever today during physical therapy. Matt and I were so excited! Right now we are working on sitting, rolling and fine motor skills. We will be meeting with a new therapist with Kids On The Move and also going to outpatient physical therapy to meet all of her needs. My schedule is going to get crazy. Kiya's infection has fully resolved and her vomiting has decreased immensely. We are getting a z vibe vibrating therapeutic spoon to help her swallow more quickly. Oral feeds are going about the same although I have gained some weight showing her how to eat like mama.

The Hydrocephalus walk is approaching. September 3 at 8:30am registration begins at sugarhouse park in SLC. I would like to get a head count for Team Kiya so feel free to post a comment if you plan on attending. It will be a great unifying and empowering experience to be among other superstar children like Kiya.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Kiya's rolling; that is fabulous! I love her little pouty lip in that one pic. I'm glad she's spitting up less overall. Lex is sure a cute little first grader. Hope Mason gets easier and better adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have a kid old enough to go to school! We are getting old.

    Wouldn't being a rich wife be just fab? Maybe one.

    I'm glad Kiya is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete