Monday, May 2, 2011

What A Blessing











Yesterday we blessed Kiya. It was one of the best days of my life! I had an overwhelming excitement that I haven't felt before. I have dreamed of this day since Kiya was born. At times that dreamed seemed as it if might never come to pass. I am so grateful that it did. It was amazing to formally introduce her to our friends and have her daddy express all of the things that he wishes for her in this life. The way I felt yesterday was the feeling I missed when she was born. Instead her birth was the most terrifying, painful day of my life. Blessing her healed so much of our sadness. I have a new sense of gratitude for all that we have endured because our trials are the reason we have Kiya. Kiya is such an amazing person. Sometimes it is strange to call her a baby because she really has so much depth. She has already taught us so much about how you handle hard things. If she could talk I think she would say "keep smiling and trust in God's plan." I am overwhelmed to have been chosen to be her mother. We needed her so much. We wish all of our family and friends could have joined us. Unfortunately we still have to be weary of germs. Soon we can take her more places and it will be so nice. Thanks to all who love us and love Kiya. We have felt your prayers and drawn from your strength. God is good! Kiya is a miracle! Today is a good day

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a special day! We can't wait to see you and meet sweet little Kiya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I haven't checked your blog in awhile and am glad I did.
    Can't wait to hang out again. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete