Saturday, December 3, 2011














































Today we took the kids on what is most likely our last walk for the season. It was frigid and I am not looking forward to a long winter stuck indoors. The boys have already started asking me "mom what should we do?"




Kiya is doing good. She is getting ever closer to sitting on her own and now has three adorable teeth. Her teeth are taking an unusually long amount of time to break through because she is not chewing food. I can offer her a biter biscuit, but she doesn't really like them. She does seem to be tolerating her baby food a little better. She still only eats about 1tsp per feeding, but she is doing it quicker. This month her feeding therapist is going to bring a special straw so we can reintroduce liquids. She hasn't had any liquids by mouth since she was five months old. We will also have a swallow study to make sure she is not aspirating anymore. She has figured out how to spit, stick her tongue out and make some new sounds. We are so excited to have her home this Christmas!

The boys are doing good. Mason dreads preschool, but has fun every time he goes. I think his teacher earns her money every month with him. He is still a master tangler and today I found more toys stuck in a vase than I thought possible. Lex is getting big! He is going to pass me up at an early age which he constantly reminds me of. He is still set on being a tornado chaser and loves science. He informed his classmate that Pluto was no longer considered a planet and his teacher told me they call him Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment