Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!







Lex turned the big 6 last week. I can't believe he is that old. I keep telling him how much I remember him as a baby. He doesn't seem to like that anymore. Already getting so mature. For his birthday we went to Jungle Jim's for a heaping helping of fun and other kids germs. It was a great time. The kids played while me, aunt Steph and Grandma Squishy tried to shield our eyes from the PDA couple right by us. That evening we had cake and ice cream with all the family. I think Lex is the only kid who ever requested that his birthday cake be a "molecule" cake. Here was my best attempt. Each kid got to pick there own molecule to eat. Lex is going to pass up my intelligence level by next year. He just might pass up my height as well.



Kiya was such a trooper on his birthday. She is easily overwhelmed, but surprisingly she held out with all of the noise and chaos at Jungle Jim's. I am pretty used to bringing her food in a back pack and "hooking her up" to feed her now. As a lot of my friends have told me it is my new "normal." We are still trying to offer he small tastes of food on a daily basis. Some days she does better than others. She is doing great in so many areas. She holds up her head really well now and can hold onto her feet for a couple of seconds. Sometimes she even seems like she wants to sit up. Mostly she knows that Matt and I would walk on hot coals for her so she lets us do a lot of heavy lifting.























































Poor Paige was playing a game that Mason was obsessed with. He did his best to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous molecule cake!! Our kids are growing up WAY too fast, as usual. Great to talk with you the other day. Every time we talk, I am more amazed at the person you are and the strength that you have. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the cake! I can't believe you have a 6 year old. My one and only child is only 2!

    I'm glad you had a good birthday party...germs and PDA couple and all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Lex! When are we going to see you guys? We need to plan somerhing asap.

    ReplyDelete