Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sweet Baby

I cannot thank everyone enough for your love and support. Our friends and family have really rallied around us during this difficult time. We especially appreciate all of your prayers and faith. God is hearing our prayers and he is healing our little girl. Everyday is a new adventure. There has been so many ups and downs during this process. No one wants to see there child suffer, but my Kiya is already teaching me without words. Her strength, grace and willingness to accept the challenges that she has faced astounds me. She does not complain and she seems to have an understanding about the whole thing. I know she has angels attending her. My appreciation for my loving heavenly father and my savior Jesus has grown ten fold. I am gaining an understanding of what God gave up when he sent the only son he had to this earth. How much he must have loved us and does love us. We are healing and Kiya is healing through Gods love. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of our purpose on this earth. Kiya is a special spirit and she will do great things. She is doing great things.
My boys are doing well with all the change. Lex has more faith in his little body than most people can ever hope to have. He prayes every night for Kiya that she will come home and that Jesus will heal her. Mason talks about baby sister, but honestly Im not really sure how excited he is about sharing daddy so some things are still normal. Please give all your kids a big hug for me. I know they can be stinkers, but they are such a gift. My life has been changed forever. I can't seem to do normal things anymore like shopping (this has been a blessing for Matt). All I want is for my family to be together at last. This time apart is very difficult, but I know that our family will be together forever one day. What a blessing! Someday I will rock my baby in the pink chair that I bought for her. I will lay her to be in her crib and sing to her as she falls asleep. Until then Jesus and angels will sing her lullabies and cradle her head. I thank you all so much and look forward to showing off my beautiful daughter to all of you one day.

Here is my favorite poem:
Quiet now cobwebs
Dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep

4 comments:

  1. I am so grateful to hear your thoughts and feelings Kristen. Thank you so much for sharing with us your strong faith and the amazing things you have been learning. I was so grateful to hear your testimony today. Our whole ward has been touched and unified as we've fasted and prayed for your sweet little Kiya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen I love hearing your words and I am touched by your profound faith. Kiya is so blessed to have you as her mother. We think about all of you everyday and Jack and I say our prayers for Kiya every night.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love each of you so much. Give all the babies a kiss from their aunt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris... we are all lucky to have you and your family as such great expamples of faith, and strength. We love you.

    ReplyDelete